- Q: What if I don't have an email address?
- A: Contact customer service at 877-723-3391 or email@example.com.
- Q: How much currency can I sell?
We accept a maximum of $5,000 US dollars’ worth of currency per transaction when checking out online. However, we can accommodate orders of any size, so please contact us at 877-723-3391 for help with setting up a larger request. The $5,000 maximum is imposed to limit your outstanding liability while your currency is in the mail because you are responsible for the package until we receive it.
Once your initial transaction is complete you may request another RA. You may repeat the process as many times as you like until all of your currency has been redeemed.
- Q: Are there any other charges/fees?
- A: No.
- Q: What forms of ID do you accept?
- Current US driver's license
- Current US passport
- Q: Who is responsible for the currency?
- A: You are responsible for the currency until we receive it. Upon receipt your RA will be opened, counted, graded and authenticated under camera. Please package your currency appropriately. Please see our redemption packaging instructions for more information.
- Q: Who determines the quality of the currency?
- A: The representatives working in our armored facility are responsible for counting, grading and authenticating the notes. The notes are evaluated based on the descriptions you will find here.
- Q: What happens to notes you consider unsalable?
- A: Unsalable notes will be sent back to you.
- Q: How should I package my currency?
- A: Follow the instructions EXACTLY as they appear on the form attached to your RA. Packaging Instructions for your redemption can also be found on our Redemption Packaging Instructions page.
- Q: Do you guarantee you will buy my currency back?
- A: We have been buying currency for the last eight years and we have no intention of stopping. As with any currency exchange, you should know that there are limits on the amount of currency that we can process both in terms of the quantity of transactions and in the total US Dollar amount on any given day. If we have reached either of these limits you will receive a message when attempting to get your RA that will ask you to try again at a later date.
- Q: Do you pay more for smaller denominations?
- A: No.
- Q: Why do I need to send an ID?
- A: To comply with guidelines established by the US Treasury and FinCEN.
- Q: How is the rate at which you buy back determined?
- A: The buyback/redemption rate is based on several factors including the exchange rate, the current demand for currency, and the condition/quality of the note.
- Q: Is there a minimum amount I can sell back to SafeDinar.com?
- A: There is a $25 FedEx charge for sending your payment. We recommend using the calculator to determine that your currency is worth at least $25.
- Q: Can I exchange dinar for gold or silver?
We have received a number of inquiries about exchanging currency, including Iraqi Dinar, for gold or silver. We do not currently exchange dinar for gold or silver; however we will continue to research the possibility of of offering exchange services for gold and silver, and should the opportunity arise, we will make that available on the web site.
- Q: Why did the exchange rate change?
The exchange rates that determine how much we charge (if you're buying) and pay (if you're selling) for foreign currency in USD is updated automatically throughout the day based on factors including supply, demand, current market rates and inventory levels, etc.
As the exchange rate increases, the USD price for currency will also increase. Conversely, if the exchange rate decreases, the USD price will also decrease. When you place your order, the quoted rate is locked in until 5pm ET of the next business day.
As the exchange rate increases, you may receive more for your currency. Conversely, if the exchange rate decreases, you may receive less for your currency. The exchange rate and order totals quoted will be locked at the time you place your redemption if your RA (return authorization) is approved. The locked-in rate is contingent upon us receiving your redemption within the 5 business-day lifetime of the RA.