- Q: How long has SafeDinar.com been in business?
- A: We have been in business for more than 12 years and have tens of thousands of satisfied customers.
- Q: Where is your office located?
- A: We operate from several offices around the country. Our home office and headquarters is in Boston, Massachusetts. Our mailing address is:
Dartmouth Capital, LLC /SafeD
198 Tremont St
Boston, MA 02116
For security reasons we do not offer a walk-in address.
- Q: Does SafeDinar.com sell their customers' information?
- Q: I am a first time customer. How can I get a better level of comfort about ordering from SafeDinar.com?
- A: We understand your concern. SafeDinar.com has been in business for over twelve years now and we have served thousands of satisfied customers. Please feel free to:
- View our Treasury Registration. Alternately you may visit the US government website for Money Services Business, www.msb.gov. Select the state of Massachusetts, you will be prompted to download an Excel file, our listings are records 12 and 13. We are a registered MSB (Money Services Business).
- Review the Forums on the web where people relate their buying experiences with the different currency exchange companies.
- Place a small order to start and then make your decision about any further purchases.
- Review our customer Testimonials - we are very proud of the feedback that we get from our customers. Click here to see customer testimonials.
- Check out our record with the Better Business Bureau either by clicking here or by calling the BBB directly. We get thousands of BBB inquiries every year.
- Q: I have a question that is not answered here.
- A: Please contact us with any question that you have: email@example.com or call 877-723-3391.
- Q: Do you give investment advice?
- A: No, never.
- Q: What is the quality of the notes?
- A: For some currencies, we may sell both uncirculated (new, mint condition) and circulated (used) notes. You can find a description and examples of both here.
- Q: Where can I check the current exchange rate of the currency that you exchange?
- A: For Iraqi Dinar, you can check the most current, official exchange rate on our currency dashboard or at the Central Bank of Iraq's website at www.cbi.iq.
For Vietnamese Dong, you can check the most current, official exchange rate at the State Bank of Vietnam's website at http://www.sbv.gov.vn/.
- Q: Do you buy back the currency that you sell?
- A: Yes, SafeDinar.com has a buyback program. Please see the Sell Currency section of our website, review the "Selling Currency" section of the FAQ's or call 877-723-3391 for details.
- Q: Where can I exchange the currency I purchase?
- A: Currently, there are very limited options for exchanging exotic currencies. This is something that you should take into account before you make a purchase.
- Q: Can you handle large orders?
- A: We can (and do) handle orders of any size. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org / 877-723-3391) for rates on orders over $10,000 US Dollars in value.
- Q: What is your policy on orders over $5,000 US Dollars?
- A: We will ship orders up to $10,000 US Dollars if you have purchased from us before. We will ship a maximum of $5,000 US Dollars at a time to new customers.
- Q: Can I return or exchange the foreign currency I purchase?
- A: All sales are final - we do not accept exchanges or give refunds.
- Q: Are you registered with the US Treasury?
- A: Yes. You may review a copy of our registration document. Alternately you may visit the US government website for Money Services Business, www.msb.gov. Select the state of Massachusetts, you will be prompted to download an Excel file, our listings are records 12 and 13. We are a registered MSB (Money Services Business).
- Q: What is the significance of the pictures on the notes?
- 5K Note:
Front - Gully Ali Beg and its 800m waterfall. The 10km gully passes between Mount Kork and Mount Nwathnin, some 60km away from Shaqlawa.
Back - The second century desert fortress of Al-Ukhether, Hejira.
Front - Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham (known as Alhazen to medieval scholars in the West), born Basrah in 965 CE. His most important work - although he wrote some 200 books - is held to be a seven volume series on optics Kitab al-Manazir, in which he gives the first correct explanation of vision, showing that light is reflected from an object into the eye. He is said to have ‘invented’ the camera obscura. Also, an eminent physicist and mathematician he developed analytical geometry by establishing linkage between algebra and geometry. Alhazen’s work was translated into Latin, and greatly influenced European scientific thought.
Back - Hadba Minaret, at the Great Nurid Mosque, Mosul, built 1172 CE by Nurridin Zangi, the then Turkish ruler. The 59m-high minaret leans 8 feet off the perpendicular. That is how it earned its Arabic name Al-Hadba (‘the humped’).
Front - Kurdish farmer holding sheaf of wheat. Tractor in background.
Back - King Hammurabi, best known for writing the first code of law in human history. Hammurabi founded the First Dynasty of Babylon in 1700 BCE- the beginning of a prosperous era for the region.
Front - traditional symbols to reflect Iraq’s diverse heritage including a water wheel on the Euphrates river, palm trees, flying birds and the Gali Ali Beg waterfall in Kurdistan.
Back - Fisherman poles a canoe through a marsh surrounded by indigenous animals with the Great Mosque of Samarra in the background.
- Q: Why do you ask for a copy of a driver's license or other information on certain orders?
- A: As a registered MSB (Money Services Bureau) we are given guidelines from the US Treasury Department regarding transactions where secured funds are involved (cashier's checks or money orders). The treasury regards these transactions as cash transactions. These rules were set up to identify people who might be laundering money. It is known as the "know your customer" rule outlined under the Patriot Act Compliance guidelines. The information that we collect is not shared with anyone, but must be available in the event that we are audited. We use the guidelines given to us to determine when a driver's license is required. We are not at liberty to discuss what those guidelines are. Any further questions should be forwarded to the main office for further explanation. Please note that the fax of the driver's license must be legible before we will ship the order. In an effort to save time we suggest the customer enlarge the license image before faxing, or use our preferred method of scanning and e-mailing to email@example.com.
- Q: Why should I set up an account?
- A: By creating an account, you will have the following advantages:
- Access for review of your order history
- Eligibility for current promotions and reward programs
- Faster checkout
- Order view and tracking tools
- Store multiple shipping addresses
- Q: I have ordered from you before, but I don't remember setting up an account. How can I retrieve my password?
- A: You will need the email address used on your last order. Submit that email address here, and a temporary password will be issued to you. Once you sign into your account, you will be able to view and print your order history, and update your personal/contact information.
- Q: I have never ordered with an e-mail address. Do I have an account?
- A: No, if you have never provided us with an email address, you would not have an account. If you now have an email address you would like to use, a new account can be set up for you.
- Q: I forgot my password. How do I get a new one?
- A: You will need the email address used the last time you ordered. A temporary password can be emailed to you by submitting that email address here.
- Q: What does it mean when I see people say the Iraqi Dinar will “reval”?
- A: It is common on many forums to see people looking for information like “when will the Dinar reval." You are likely seeing a person referring to the possibility that there will be a change to the current exchange rate of the Dinar. This is a common question that we hear from customers and others interested in exchanging US Dollars for the Dinar, but it is not possible for us to know or truly predict a change in the exchange rate. We simply offer a service that allows you buy and sell Iraqi Dinar in exchange for the US Dollar. We would encourage you to seek help from a financial adviser if you are looking for investment advice.
- Q: Can you provide a certificate of authenticity?
- A: Every order includes a Certificate of Authenticity printed on high quality paper. The Certificates contain your order number, a verification stamp and a custom security label with a holographic image.